Shropshire Shed Bases
If you are thinking of ordering a shed or some other timber garden building, you will need some form of concrete base:
Some companies simply support the timber shed on timber bearers. The problem with bearers is that timber expands and contracts with temperature change and when it warps and distorts, it can affect the stability of the shed.
- To support the weight of the shed
- To ensure the shed is level
- To prevent damp from rotting the timber
A concrete pad or concrete base is normally put together using smooth-faced concrete slabs. Once the surface material is removed, depending on the size and weight of the structure, the ground may require a MOT hardcore base to be installed and compacted. We then lay concrete slabs on a mortar mixture and leave it ideally for 48 hours before the shed is erected.
If you are looking for a shed base or any kind of concrete pad to be installed, we can provide quotations for concrete slab bases of any size and any shape.
Whether you are looking to add a garden shed, greenhouse, summerhouse or playhouse, we can help with a solid shed base.
Concrete Garage Bases
We are now also installing concrete pads for car parking areas and concrete bases for garage areas.
Click here to see examples of our latest work.
- Digging the area out to the required depth
- Installing and compacting MOT hardcore to form a solid base
- Build shuttering to frame the area to be concreted
- Install a damp proof membrane
- Install reinforcing mesh over the entire area
- Adding concrete brought in as a mini mix
- Screeding out the wet concrete to the correct levels
- Screeding the semi-dry surface to leave a rough surface
We are based in Telford and we serve Telford, Shrewsbury and the Shropshire county including Albrighton, Bridgnorth, Church Stretton, Edgmond, Lilleshall, Market Drayton, Much Wenlock, Newport, Priorslee, Shawbury, Shifnal, Shrewsbury, Telford, Wellington, Wem and Whitchurch.
For a free no obligation consultation and quotation, click here to e-mail us.